What is an Enrolled Agent
If you are looking for a tax professional who can help you with your tax issues, you may want to consider hiring an Enrolled Agent.
An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally licensed tax professional who has unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS for any issues relating to collections, audits, or tax appeals.
An Enrolled Agent is not an employee of the IRS, but a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers by either passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns, or through experience as a former IRS employee. An Enrolled Agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards and is legally recognized throughout all 50 U.S states.
An Enrolled Agent can provide various tax services to individuals and businesses, such as:
- Preparing and filing federal and state tax returns
- Advising on tax planning and strategies
- Resolving tax problems and disputes
- Requesting penalty abatement and interest reduction
- Negotiating payment plans and settlements
- Applying for innocent spouse relief and offer in compromise
- Handling audits, appeals, and collections
- Communicating and corresponding with the IRS and state tax authorities
An Enrolled Agent can also help you stay compliant with the tax laws and regulations that apply to your situation and industry. An Enrolled Agent is required to complete at least 72 hours of continuing education every three years to maintain their knowledge and skills.
Hiring an Enrolled Agent can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- Saving you time and money by handling your tax matters efficiently and accurately
- Protecting your rights and interests by advocating for you before the IRS
- Reducing your stress and worries by resolving your tax problems and disputes
- Maximizing your tax savings by finding all the deductions and credits you are entitled to
- Keeping you updated on the latest tax laws and changes that affect you
If you are interested in hiring an Enrolled Agent, you can find one near you by using the online directory of the National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA), the professional organization of Enrolled Agents in the U.S. You can also contact Mraz Tax Solutions to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your tax needs.
Thank you for reading this article.